Thursday 3 November 2011

Some days you're the pigeon; some days you're the statue.

Yesterday, I was the statue.

Not all day, not every part of it. But it was definitely one of those days.









We were not amused.

Returning from a meeting near Southampton, driving my dear old girl, Olive Oyl, suddenly, with no warning, the head gasket blew and other unmentionables I can't understand to do with the big end and crank shaft.

So there I was, in the second lane of a four-lane motorway, just after a junction therefore with six lanes of traffic screaming by. It was truly frightening.

I finally managed to judder over to the hard shoulder across the traffic lanes and sat on the grassy bank in floods of tears until the traffic police arrived. How kind they were and how kind the RAC men who rescued me and transported Olive Oyl to a garage near to home.

 Poor Olive Oyl is very sick and might need a transplant...

It's going to cost A LOT...thousands...

I only went to the meeting because I thought I'd earn some extra money...

Yep, definitely a statue day. But I survived! There's always something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment