Tuesday 22 November 2011

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.

H.G.Wells. At last, someone who needs no research or explanation. I'll have to find another way to exercise my mind.

Yesterday, exercising the mind today, the inner thighs.

Or whichever part of the anatomy riding a bicycle reaches that other forms of exercise don't.

Here's me and Peter out for a little jaunt this weekend. He's the one with the moustache.


Today, Olive Oyl, my dear car - she of the recent heart and lung transplant - has to go back into hospital. Peter very eloquently describes it like this: 'Your vehicle sounds like a tumble dryer full of nuts and bolts.' I can't say I'd noticed but then I am a mere woman.

I was offered a lift back from the garage by the kindly garage man but, in a small tribute to H.G.Wells and carbon footprints, I've decided to take my bicycle and ride the nine miles home.

As Gloria Steinem says 'A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.'


 'A man needs a sushi when a woman is an icicle.' says Michael Leunig. Whoever he is.

Ah, I sense some exercise for my mind after I've paid attention to the thighs...

Is this the start of a fish-ous cycle?

No comments:

Post a Comment