Friday 4 November 2011

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant.

Back to the Romans for my inspiration today. This is Horace.


 Yes, he is a statue. No, he hasn't any pigeons dropping poo on him from a great height.

I chose his quotation in the spirit of positive thinking because frankly I don't think many talents were elicited from my person in the past few days. (You'll just have to read back, I'm afraid!)

Actually - one remarkable talent. The talent of making a drama out of a crisis.


When I look back at what actually happened at the time and the outcome...in The Grand Scheme Of Things it was NOTHING.

It was an unpleasant incident; I was scared; it was all a lot of hassle which made Peter resentful and me fraught; it's going to cost a lot of money - at least £3000 - to fix; I have been working extremely hard in order to contribute more to the household finances and wooooomph, it's all gone...

But no-one died. No-one was even the tiniest bit hurt. (No-one unless you count poor Olive Oyl and the massive heart attack which made her lose consciousness for a while - but she's going to get a new heart...and lungs...and most other vital organs, hence the £3000+)


I'm already feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment