Wednesday 9 November 2011

Most of life is routine - dull and grubby, but routine is the momentum that keeps a man going.

...If you wait for inspiration you'll be standing on the corner after the parade is a mile down the street.

I don't know why this came as such a shock to me, but the quote is by an actor called Ben Nicholas, best known for his role in Neighbours - the long-running Australian soap, I used to watch it aeons ago, back in the day when I had babies.

Those were the days, eh? The days when my brain was like porridge through lack of sleep and watching daytime TV.

Anyway - apologies, Ben Nicholas.

My momentum has gone for the moment. Disappeared without trace.


I would capture it if I could find it.

For several months now I've been working extremely hard and suddenly...the projects are done, the deadlines are met. At the moment, I have nothing very urgent to get on with - plenty to do but nothing very urgent.

Am I enjoying the sense of freedom that this should bring? Am I doing all those creative things I was so looking forward to doing when I had no time to do them? Am I heck!

I'm at the wheel of a rudderless ship.


Perhaps, like Olive Oyl, I need a new engine? I shall go to The Body Shop immediately.


 I'm sure they must sell spare parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment