Tuesday 15 November 2011

I'm still literally on cloud nine

Really, Greg Olsen? Pardon me for sniggering. You are LITERALLY on cloud nine? You mean cloud nine ACTUALLY EXISTS and you are ON IT?


Who is Greg Olsen, anyway? Let me check. "An American football tight end for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League." Of course he is.


Well, I'm not on cloud nine, either literally or metaphorically.

I WAS, on Sunday night, after such a tremendous weekend when I felt somehow vindicated as a writer, a real live writer instead of someone who dabbles in it to pass the time when not crocheting toilet roll covers in pink, let's all pat the little woman on the head for trying so hard.

Here is an example of my work:

 It's a kind of self-portrait.

SO...yesterday, I thought I'd be busily knocking off that fierce and scary novel (not written with a view to publication and in My Own Recently Discovered Voice)

But frankly, I was exhausted.

Instead, I spent the day thinking that maybe I'd imagined that I could be a writer.

Today, though, I feel FIERCE.

Fearless as a magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment