Friday 30 December 2011

Without promotion something terrible happens... Nothing!

So P.T. Barnum WAS the circus fellow! I thought he must be - although there must be other people called Barnum.





I wish I could see his troupe of Very Remarkable Trained Pigs.

I wish he would promote ME but I'm not very good at playing the xylophone with my snout or anything.







Promotion. A subject that I have an ostrich-like attitude to, head firmly buried in the sand.


It leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. (Well, sand would, wouldn't it?) Perhaps it's my British reserve but I find self-promotion so very hard to do. So I don't do it.

Result: I write some good stuff and nobody sees it. How motivating THAT feels! It's such a great way to carry on. And I do.

Oh look. I just discovered the very book for me:


Or alternatively, I could buy a xylophone and a pig costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment