Thursday 1 December 2011

Hills of the North rejoice!




Rivers and mountain-spring,
Hark to the advent voice!
Valley and lowland, sing!
Though absent long, your Lord is nigh,
He judgement brings, and victory.



Now I'm straight back to my childhood and every Sunday morning to church with my family. (That was before I became a stroppy teenager with A Mind Of My Own. A bit of a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water because in many ways I miss it.)

I love that hymn. It never fails to make me feel joyful. And good grief, here it is on YouTube. Wonders will never cease. Listen here!

I'm such a child. I always buy myself an advent calendar.


... NOT one of those dreadful franchise ones like the Power Rangers or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Advent calendar WITH CHOCOLATE. (If my children ever felt they had a deprived childhood, December 1st was IT.  No chocolate in their calendars - except I think, once I bought them calendars from Divine with Fair Trade chocolate. Who'd have a mother with ethical pretensions?)

I opened my first little door this morning.

I'm delighted to inform you, because I know you're wondering, that the picture was this:



...and I have a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment