Thursday 29 December 2011

Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of.

 http://mickmathersartblog.blogspot.com/



There are quite a few people called Charles Richards, to whom this quote is attributed. One of them, it says, was designer of the Colt single action army revolver and Yale professor.

Personally, I think designing Yale professors is far more laudable.




 Around this time of year, everyone is busy thinking up New Year's resolutions. Well, maybe not EVERYBODY. And certainly not me.


There's a huge temptation to leave everything on hold until January 1st. For me, that has always been fatal. This year, instead, I started my New Year before Christmas, inserting new aspirations and ways of achieving them into my life without the grand announcements and hype.


Me, I'm very far from perfect.

I hope that by not having New Year's resolutions but instead just getting on with things that it'll last a bit longer than usual, which is to say, longer than January 15th or whenever it is I get sick of what I stated on January 1st and conveniently sweep it under The Carpet Of Forgetfulness.

My favourite film - the one that endures - has always been Dead Poet's Society.


And my favourite quotation from the film has always been: “Carpe Diem! Seize the day. Make your lives extraordinary.”

So, I seized December 23rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment