Saturday 17 December 2011

Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind.






Mary Ellen Chase, American educator, teacher, scholar, and author. Yet another person I've never heard of. My ignorance astounds me.





My state of mind at the moment, regarding Christmas, is, after my full-on week...AAAAAARGH! So much to do. Too much to do. When am I going to get it done? Why did I leave it all until the last minute? What on earth can I buy for The Man Who Has Everything? When's the last post for Christmas cards? Panic. Panic. Panic.

I have to remind myself that Christmas is a time of joy and love. Peace on earth and goodwill to all men (except the one who issued my speeding ticket.)

I've put on my beautiful CD - Carols from King's...

My favourite is Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day - (John Gardner's setting) Even the title...

Staggeringly, it's on YouTube for your delight. Moan about modern technology all you like but sometimes it takes my breath away. Do listen!


...and I shall take a few deep breaths and begin to ENJOY...

No comments:

Post a Comment