Wednesday 12 October 2011

There are moments when everything goes well. Don't be frightened. It won't last long.

Today's magical discovery is a French writer (1864-1910) called Jules Renard. Oh, how I love it when I find such treasures!


Anyone who says things like:
The horse is the only animal into which one can bang nails.

And:
Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.

Must be a:
Top bloke!



He was also responsible for my title quote.

My son, Laurie, gave me a piece of slate with those words painted on it. It sits on my desk and it's been there so long that I don't notice it really.

What I DID notice today was a sense of unease and puzzlement. Why?
  1. The second course of super-strong antibiotics is working so I'm FINALLY clear of earache after several weeks.
  2. I went to circuit training last night and felt FIT!
  3. I rode Poppy all round the mares' field today and she behaved perfectly - usually, she shies, gallops and bucks.
  4. Alfie was extremely well-behaved yesterday, all round the fields, when usually he's a bundle of nerves.
  5. Work is going well. I'm nearly at the end of a huge project.
And I feel ill at ease? And puzzled?


This, I reckon, is because I'm not used to things going smoothly. My perception of life is of me battling against the odds. And now they are going smoothly, so I'm waiting for something to go wrong.

How crazy is that? (you don't have to answer)

No comments:

Post a Comment