Friday 16 August 2013

Holiday blog: You know what the great thing about babies is?

They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.*

Yesterday I spent my last day with the BC family, with Matilda. Irene was very generous, letting me hog my perfect little grandbaby for ages, only I couldn't quite oblige at feed time.

I swear Matilda's progressed in the few short days we've been with her. Not quite on to differential calculus yet, but she holds her head up well now, and pushes up on her little legs.

One of the happiest moments of my life - Matilda falling asleep in my arms and me falling asleep holding her, absorbing the smell, the warmth, the softness of her.


Flying to Toronto today and Jamie and Breanna will meet us at the airport. 

I love to be met. To go through that gate and see those familiar smiling faces and rush into their welcoming arms.

It'll make up for missing the others already!


* Lish McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment