Tuesday 13 August 2013

Holiday blog: A thousand mornings.

  Or maybe Oblivious Like a Fence Post: Part 3

And it's me, this time, who's been oblivious.

Just as when I waited and waited for the milometer in my car to turn over to the 70,000 mark and then blinked, got distracted and missed it. Though why that should be so important I'm not quite sure. Slightly embarrassing to admit, really, but if I could have driven backwards to take the numbers down to 69,999 again...

For a couple of weeks now, I'd noticed that this blog was approaching the fairly momentous milestone of 1000 Posts. 

And it approached and it past, on August 9th and I was oblivious (like a fence post) until my boy Tim sent me a congratulatory email. 

I started on November 28th, 2010 and since then, the only days I've missed, which you can count on the fingers of one finger, or maybe two, have been when travelling and with no access to a computer. It's funny to look back at my early efforts. I have evolved. Praise be.

Something of an obsession to write this blog but also, for me, a delight. It's how I start my writing day.

Mostly, ideas pop out of my brain door like hyperactive cuckoos from a clock. Sometimes, rarely, they're dragged, kicking and screaming from the darkness. 

So that's a thousand mornings.


My life.

No comments:

Post a Comment