Saturday 2 February 2013

Reality is far more vicious than Russian roulette




 I'll leave you to ponder on that assertion, by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, pioneering trader in complex financial derivatives. (Oh, yes, I know EXACTLY what that means...)

To add to that is T.S. Eliot's..."Humankind cannot bear very much reality."

But, reality checks are essential. How else can you know where you're at and what actions need to be taken next?


It's funny how the phrase 'reality check' has a slightly negative connotation (for me, at least) along the lines of "You're living in cloud cuckoo land, Caroline, just look at what REALLY is so and prepare to be disappointed."

With my writing, I have so much going on, but nowhere have I noted exactly what. (Aside from in my head, if you can count that.) This means that there are several projects happening and pieces of work out there waiting for approval (or rejection!) that I completely forget about for long periods of time.

Healthy? Hmmmmm...

I know it has the effect of making me flustered when someone asks me how it's all going.


I can't answer properly because I don't actually know. That seems kind of irresponsible.

Today, I'm thinking about it. Tomorrow I'll write it down.


No comments:

Post a Comment