Wednesday 6 February 2013

No pleasure endures unseasoned by variety


It's a long time since I referred to a Latin chappie, so here is Publilius Syrus - actually a Syrian who was a slave but, favoured by his master, was freed and educated.

Variety. Yes. It's what keeps me going. That and my unshakeable optimism.


This week, so far, apart from writing my blog every day, I've transcribed a screenplay into a stage play and submitted it and another piece to Equal Writes...reviewed the first forty-six pages of a feature-length for a friend...thought a lot about the short The Last Assassin - which I'm just about to start writing.

Then there's time spent with the horses and the dog and my family, practising yoga, cooking wholesome dinners, baking a naughty cake, continuing with Little Acts of Kindness, and lovingly restoring our banisters and staircase, which are soaking up beeswax polish like a sponge.

I'm such a lucky girl, to be able to wake up each morning excited about the day ahead, the next challenge.



Lucky, yes, unbelievably lucky...but I know it simply wouldn't happen if I didn't create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment