Friday 15 February 2013

Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.

...from Robert Strauss, American freelance writer.


It's not even success at the moment but life being like wrestling a gorilla.

Remember the Vitality Diet?

I have adhered to it rigidly, doggedly, determinedly since Monday but instead of getting fitter and better I've been getting weaker and sicker...


Not a complaint. A fact. It's difficult to tell what's as the result of detox and what's as a result of a flu bug or more likely it's a combination of the two.

Sometimes, common sense has to prevail over gutsy determination. While I'll still keep away from caffeine and alcohol, I really have to start eating proper food.

So this particular gorilla has defeated me. Temporarily.


But don't venture too far away, Mr. Gorilla...

I'll soon be ready for Round Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment