Friday 8 February 2013

Too lively a sense of humour frequently leads to laxity of principle.

A misquote via Georgette Heyer - good grief, I never in a million years thought I might quote from Georgette Heyer. And how unfairly judgemental that is since I've never once read anything by her. I just Think Things about historical romances.

Get in there! RIP THAT BODICE!!
At the moment, I'm writing a short screenplay - The Last Assassin. It's a comedy. That's to say, I've written it as a comedy. And I think it's achingly funny.

But then, I would, wouldn't I?

The test will come when other people read it, above all, the guy who's commissioned it...


We shall see.

But honestly, I can't begin to tell you how funny it is...such a lively sense of humour in evidence and definitely lax principles...


No comments:

Post a Comment