Friday 27 May 2011

When you embark for strange places, don't leave any of yourself safely on shore.

Here's the whole quote, from Alan Alda.


"Laugh at yourself, but don't ever aim your doubt at yourself. Be bold.  When you embark for strange places, don't leave any of yourself safely on shore. Have the nerve to go into unexplored territory."

I've always loved Alan Alda, dating back to my days of watching M*A*S*H in the seventies. I even called our first pair of cats Trapper and Hawkeye!


I think it's tremendous that such a great quote came from somebody I already admire.


AND - I was halfway through writing this when the postman arrived, bearing the parcel that I'd been dreading - the return of my novel from the literary agent...with a constructive letter outlining the positives and where it needed work...plus the request to see more of my writing for teens...SO...not a completely crushing blow.

Just a moderately crushing blow.



Onwards and upwards!

(I'm not sure why half of the text is in black. I can assure you it's not symbolic or anything)

No comments:

Post a Comment