Saturday 21 May 2011

He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.

I'm waiting for the serpent's bite. And the serpent's name shall be Peter...

I'd love our hedge to look like this:












Unfortunately, it looks more like this:













Only taller...

And longer...

We have different techniques for cutting hedges, me and Peter. I'm not saying mine is RIGHT and his is WRONG.

MY way - I cut enough to fill a wheelbarrow then sweep it all up and take it  the compost heap. Then I cut some more.

HIS way - he cuts the whole hedge and while he's doing that, I clear it up and run up and down the garden with the wheelbarrow.

I prefer my way. Less daunting. Certainly more time-consuming.

But at least I get to use the power tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment