Monday 9 May 2011

"I got the blues thinking of the future, so I left off and made some marmalade. "

 "It's amazing how it cheers one up to shred oranges or scrub the floor..."



Not only is D.H.Lawrence one of my favourite authors (The Rainbow, Women In Love, Sons and Lovers, Lady Chatterley's Lover..  How I lapped all these books up at university!) but he wrote the above quotation.

The slight problem is that I don't like marmalade.

Figuratively speaking, though, I made marmalade this morning by exercising Alfie to within an inch of his life - he's suddenly become very rotund now the grass is coming in - and will be watering the garden and finishing the tidying up after our lunch party yesterday.

That and working which doesn't count as making marmalade but does involve quite a lot of shredding; at least the way I work it does!

I've always thought a hamster-powered shredder was an idea of PURE GENIUS!

Want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment