Monday 17 October 2011

There are two kinds of people, those who finish what they start and so on

Thank you Robert Byrne, whoever you are - actually, he's an American author and champion billiards player. BILLIARDS? I suppose someone has to play it.

This week is, I hope, the final push and I'll finish all the work on my Forever India project.

I've been working on it, on and off, for ages. It's been fascinating, rewarding and sometimes frustrating, like all projects. There'll be an enormous hole in my life when it's done. I'm looking forward to that.

I want to finish it with the same joy that I started it. That's never easy. Finishing a project isn't all it's cracked up to be. There's all the nitty-gritty stuff to attend to like references and acknowledgements and proof-reading and sign off. And the sheer terror that it is Not Good Enough or that someone, somewhere will find A Major Blunder in it despite the lengths I've gone to to check my facts.

I'm aiming for...


Deep breaths, Caroline. You can do it. Perhaps I'll downgrade that thought to 'The Almost Perfect Finish' just to give myself a little wiggle room?

Perhaps I'll just get on with it before I'm completely paralysed with too much thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment