Tuesday 25 October 2011

“Sometimes the most urgent thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest”

An Ashleigh Brilliant quote. Whoever is called Ashleigh Brilliant? Well, apparently SHE is and I'm obviously not alone in doubting that someone who writes aphorisms for a living could genuinely be called that because in the introduction to her website she says 'Yes, that IS my real name.' Humble apologies, Ashleigh Brilliant.

Anyway - I'm thinking about having a rest.

Today, REALLY might be the last day that I'll be compiling and submitting content for the Forever India website. Then all there is to do is sit back and wait to check it on the UAT server...

I had to use Google to find out what exactly a UAT server is. I like to sprinkle my conversations with technical terms just so I appear to know what I'm talking about, just so I don't come across as a complete Luddite.

Oh, here's a picture of my new laptop...


Anyway, a UAT server is...a User Acceptance Testing server, by the way. So now I know. And so do you, if you didn't already.

And then I'm going to rest. I was told today I looked washed out, as pale as a ghost.

But don't you know...?


No, I don't believe it either.

So...I'm going to have a rest...when I haven't got anything else that needs doing, which could be...sometime never.

No comments:

Post a Comment