Monday 24 October 2011

"The human brain is like a railroad freight car -- guaranteed to have a certain capacity but often running empty."

My brain...not running empty...but certainly not reaching its full capacity.

 As usual, my brain contains butterflies.


See, I start out thinking about trains and end up writing about brains. Trains and brains. Easy to confuse. I hope I won't have too much difficulty when catching the 13.39 from Buxted Station later today, though.

I LOVE my little station. It's the last stop but one on the Uckfield line and it's a single track railway, so we have to wait for a train to go up before another can go down.

And here's a picture of it in winter - early morning, January 2010

How lucky I am!

I live in a beautiful place, yet it only takes me one hour and ten minutes to get to London by train.

That's if it's not snowing (with 'the wrong sort of snow') Or there are leaves on the line. Or a signalling problem. Or staff shortages. Or...

There are three words that chill me to the bone when I'm travelling up to London.

'Replacement bus service.'

Don't get me started...

No comments:

Post a Comment