Saturday 1 October 2011

Has two brains; one is lost and the other is out looking for it.

Me and losing things...

I'm not even talking about losing my marbles here, by the way, though that does happen sometimes. They just slide out of my brain occasionally.
by Lisa Dinhofer
No, it's the way I lose objects...car keys, my purse, the cup of coffee I was in the middle of drinking, my glasses...

I'm very good at Finding Things Out . It's what I do to earn my daily bread

I'm LOUSY at Being Able To Find Things when I've lost them. The times this conversation takes place in Chateau Coxon:

Me: Do you know where my car keys are?

Peter: Yes.

Me: Where are they then? (why do I fall for this EVERY time?)

Peter: Where you left them.

The trouble with me is that when I've lost something, I can't stop looking for it.

For the past few days, I can't tell you how many hours I've wasted looking for my stiff handbrush - the one I use for the stairs. THIS one...(have you seen it anywhere?)



I've looked EVERYWHERE several times. In the end, because I couldn't stop looking for it, even though the stairs didn't really need brushing...I actually got into my car - dear Olive Oyl - drove into town and bought ANOTHER stiff handbrush.

Sometimes I wonder about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment