Monday 3 October 2011

Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone

"The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials."

My new best philosopher discovery of today - Lin Yutang. (A philosopher a day keeps the doctor away?)

 I was thinking about inefficiency - after a bit of a 'discussion' this weekend with Peter about how much I earn. For the word 'much' insert the word 'little.'


 For the word 'candy' insert 'sweets.' After all I am BRITISH!

The fact of the matter is that I spend a lot of time writing...and to me, writing equals working...BUT...can I consider it to be work when so much of it is unpaid? Like writing this blog, for example.

Reality check. I spend 6-8 hours a day writing. Usually, 3 hours of that is paid.

Consider this:  I am...

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all" - says Peter Drucker.


And this.

"Efficiency is doing things right. Effectiveness is doing the right things" - says Zig Zigler


 Hmmmmmm...

I have been timing myself. I thought about this blog while turning out the horses, as usual. I started writing it at 10.09, I finished writing it and finding the images at 10.28.

I think that's efficient. But is it effective?

Oh, who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment