Thursday 30 December 2010

The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play

I know it's not New Year's Day but that's going to be my mantra for 2011.

For this, I must credit Arnold J. Toynbee, who, as everyone knows, was a British historian whose twelve-volume analysis of the rise and fall of civilizations, A Study of History, 1934–1961, was a synthesis of world history, a metahistory based on universal rhythms of rise, flowering and decline, which examined history from a global perspective.

You knew that, didn't you? Yeah, so did I.

I got part of the way there in 2010, being paid REAL MONEY to write scripts for people, so that at the time, I didn't know where to file them on my computer. I have two folders, you see. One is called Work and the other is called Writing. Writing screenplays, which I love doing, but being PAID for it? Was this Work or was it Writing?

I enjoy my corporate work too, don't get me wrong, but I want to spend a greater proportion of my time writing creatively and for it to earn money. That's the hard bit. The earning money bit. The earning money bit whilst still having fun. The earning money bit whilst still having fun and letting loose my creativity.

I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment