Sunday 19 December 2010

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

I wish I could be more like Douglas Adams...

Trouble is, I'm deadline-driven. When I haven't GOT deadlines I flap about like a fish out of water.  And when I DO have deadlines, I'm obsessed like...here, I'm trying to think of a good animal analogy...Alfie, one of my horses, when he sees a feed bucket. At two hundred yards he can spot one then he heads for it, trampling everything in his path - people, buildings, mountains...

Here's my dilemma - flapping, oxygen-starved fish or human bulldozer?

Surely there must be something in between the two?

Answers on a postcard, please.

1 comment:

  1. ...an oxygen-starved bulldozer?

    Sometimes I believe that is simply the way a writer's brain works.

    ReplyDelete