Saturday 4 May 2013

Bloody freelance jobs are like bloody buses

You wait for about a year
And as soon as one approaches your stop
Two or three others appear.

(With apologies to Wendy Cope)

Not that I'm complaining. Yesterday, I was in a bit of a work desert, and my camel had taken off.


...tra la la, don't panic, don't feel guilty about not contributing to the family finances, don't feel guilty that Peter's working his butt off while I'm not doing very much at home...

THEN...

I had an email from a new client, asking me to call him.

 In the meantime, I had a phone call from an existing client, asking me to do a piece of work immediately, if possible.

While I was talking to her, I had an email from someone I've worked with before asking for copy for a new website...by Sunday.

I called the new client, as arranged, and he asked me to set aside two hours every day to work for him, starting next week

While I was on the phone to him, I had an email from an existing client with another project.


Finally...earlier in the day, I had put myself forward for a MEGA job, laughing gaily to myself at my sheer effrontery...and it seems that my approach has been taken seriously...

Blimey!

You could've knocked me down with a feather!


Perhaps all this networking stuff is paying off...

No comments:

Post a Comment