Friday 19 October 2012

"I hate having my life disrupted by routine."



(So who IS Caskie Stinnett, anyway? And what an unusual name! "An American editor and writer as well as a frequent contributor of humorous pieces to the Atlantic Monthly and Reader's Digest.")

At the moment, for me, every day is broken up into tiny chunks by scheduled phonecalls, appointments and other commitments, so I haven't any substantial clear runs where I can really get on with my work. 



A ridiculous thing to say, really, because the phonecalls, appointments and other commitments ARE my work. The thing is, I don't feel I've achieved anything at the end of days like these. I DO feel I've achieved something if I've written an article or a few pages of screenplay or a chapter of a novel.

Note to self: Reassess criteria for what it means to have achieved something.

OR

I could always...

 

but that seems a bit radical, as solutions go.

No comments:

Post a Comment