Tuesday 26 June 2012

My spelling is Wobbly.

 'It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places,' said Winnie the Pooh.


My spelling is NOT wobbly, however. I'm mortified if I read a blogpost I've written or a screenplay or an article and find a spelling mistake in it later. Sometimes I beat myself with birch twigs and wear a brown paper bag over my head for several hours.

By the way, typos are not spelling mistakes but the result of clumsy fingers, nothing to do with not knowing how to spell. I allow myself the occasional tyop.

Peter and I very rarely argue.No. We engage in dialectical discourse...


...except, that is, when we go out for a meal and there are spelling mistakes on the menu.

'Yes, Peter, I KNOW the food is delicious, but to me spelling 'canelloni' 'canalonie' and 'galette' 'gallet' just shows lack of attention to detail, a willingness to settle for sloppy standards.'

'So, Caroline, you are saying that if Einstein had made a few spelling mistakes in his Theory of Relativity that would completely negate his genius?'

I wasn't saying that, actually...

Peter is quite difficult to engage in dialectical discourse sometimes.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment