Thursday 29 March 2012

Reasons to be cheerful - part 3

"There's only one way to be cheerful and that's listening to this 1979 classic from Ian Dury and the famous Blockheads"

Reasons to be cheerful... (link here)

Hmmmm. It's ONE way to be cheerful, maybe, if you like that sort of thing, but not the ONLY way.

I thought of it because the lyrics were quoted on the radio this morning. Here's part of it:

"A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
You're welcome, we can spare it - yellow socks
Too short to be haughty, too nutty to be naughty
Going on 40 - no electric shocks

The juice of the carrot, the smile of the parrot
A little drop of claret - anything that rocks
Elvis and Scotty, days when I ain't spotty,
Sitting on the potty - curing smallpox."


I'm thinking I'll be cheerful today for no reason at all.
 
I'm allowed, aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment