Thursday 19 July 2012

On deadlines - One of the great disadvantages of hurry is that it takes such a long time.

G.K. Chesterton looks as if most of his deadlines were concerned with how long it would take him to finish the next bottle of port. What a cheery looking gentleman!


I am NOT a cheery looking gentleman today... (Actually, I did manage to raise a laugh when I discovered I was sweating PINK DROPLETS after my riding lesson! Blame the new hair.)


I've got mountains to do and this evening I'm going to see my dear friend Libby in an outdoor performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream at Coram's Fields in London. Come on, weather, be kind!



This morning, I decided that, rather than panic, which would make me ultra-inefficient, I'd be calm and GO FOR IT - do everything, cancel nothing and everything would be done. You CAN have it all.

So far so good...but ask me again when it's approaching 5 o'clock. See how serene I am THEN!




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment