Thursday 17 March 2011

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress.”

Discuss.



Sometimes...I think the very opposite pertains - if there is struggle, there is NO progress.

A friend once described it to me in a way that made perfect sense to me.

He put it to me that very often I behave like a wasp trapped in the double-glazing, battering myself against the glass in a desperate attempt to escape. What I failed to realise was that the window was open at the top and open at the bottom. If I could just stop struggling, let myself sink effortlessly downwards or float upwards then I'd be free.



He's so right...and I promised myself I'd keep that image in my mind ALWAYS and remember it especially when I was struggling with things. Did I? Of course I didn't!

 But thankfully, I remembered it this morning...

3 comments:

  1. I think "stop struggling" safely translates into "procrastinate more"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For once, dearest Khamanna, I disagree with you!

    I've been struggling with a job, that yes, pays quite well, but has caused me undue stress and unhappiness. Today, I decided to quit and spend more time on my creative writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it means less stress and unhappiness it can't be bad.:) Congrats then -- feels like a big decision to make too.

    ReplyDelete